Welcome to Jenks East Intermediate
Linda Reid | email@example.com
Catrina Thomas | firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (918) 299-4415
Main Office - ext. 5531
Attendance - ext. 5533
Counseling Office - ext. 5535
Nurse - ext. 5539
Fax - (918) 298-6610
7:45 a.m. - 2:25 p.m.
7:20 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Doors open at 8:50 a.m., school starts at 9:15 a.m., buses run 1 hour and 30 minutes later than regular time.
3933 East 91st Street | Tulsa, OK 74137
205 East B Street | Jenks, OK 74037
LOOKING AHEAD TO 2017-2018
- Meet the Teacher (both grades) Wednesday, August 16 - 10:00 am-1:00 pm and 4:00 pm-7:00 pm
- Families and students will have an opportunity to meet their teachers, find their classrooms and lockers, register for the Trojan Tough and Jenks Wild, join PTAG, and purchase school supplies.
- Prepay for 2017-2018 school supply packets - click on this link to find out details.
- First day of school - Friday, August 18, 2017
- JEI Back to School Night – 6th grade: Thursday, August 31st – 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- JEI Back to School Night – 5th grade: Tuesday, September 5th – 5:00 – 7:00
- Back to school Nights will provide parents an opportunity to discuss curriculum specifics with their child’s teachers. A detailed schedule will be provided prior to the event.
- Jenks Wild – three groups – September 6-8, September 11-13, September 13 – 15
Our sixth grade students will attend three-day environmental camp at New Life Ranch with their teachers and parent chaperones. The session students attend depends on who their homeroom teacher is.
Trojan Tough is our annual fundraiser and as a bonus, we get to teach the kids that getting in shape is fun! Click on the link below for more information and the printable registration form. You may also register online at https://runsignup.com/Race/OK/Jenks/TrojanTough5K
**Nurse note -
By state law, every student entering 7th grade must have the TDaP immunization. For more information, click on the link below. If you have any questions, please contact the JEI Clinic, 918-299-4415 ext. 5539. Please see the links below for more information. The following link http://www.tulsa-health.org/oklahoma-caring-van-immunization-clinics provides the Tulsa Health Department Caring Van schedule (“Click to View the Caring Van Schedule”).
Note from Kathy Guenther, the JPS coordinator:
Volunteers: Please record your volunteer hours.
jenksps.org / About JPS / Volunteer Information
**You can now record your volunteer hours with an App!**
Click on this link to add to your phone! https://goo.gl/B5MYs7
(Major Hint – Record your hours on the App right after volunteering!)
Iphone users – Click on the link; choose Action Item (the box with the arrow in it); Add to Home Screen
Android users – In Chrome, click on the link; choose Menu; choose Add to Home Screen
- JEI uses School Way to notify parents, students, and patrons about any weather related announcements. If you have not had a chance to download the free app from the app store, do it today! You will receive instant push messages on what is happening at JEI.
**JEI is grateful to the Jenks Public Schools Foundation for funding the new JEI STEM lab as well as providing funding for BizTown and Jenks Wild.**
Click the link below to visit the STEM lab's website and keep up with the exciting new addition to our curriculum!**
JEI was named a Certified Oklahoma Healthy School for the fourth consecutive year. Certified Healthy Schools must meet very specific criteria related to health and wellness resources, procedures, and activities for students and staff. JEI was awarded Excellent level of designation, which is the highest designation awarded. Congratulations, JEI Health and Wellness Team, for your work on this initiative!
Like Jenks East Intermediate on Facebook:
Annual Notice of Bullying Policy
Per the legislative mandate embodied in the School Safety and Bullying Prevention Act, 70 OKLA. STAT. § 24-100.2 et seq., Jenks Public Schools expects students to refrain from bullying. Bullying is expressly forbidden and students who bully are subject to disciplinary consequences as outlined in the district’s policy on student behavior. Jenks Public Schools Policy 3.33, Student Bullying, may be found in the Jenks Public Schools Policies and Procedures Handbook, in all student handbooks, or by clicking HERE .